As a parish, we are committed to hospitality and journeying with one another, celebrating the joy and hope of Jesus' resurrection. We would love to welcome you into our community! We hope that you will find St. Aidan to be a place to rest, pray, and belong.
We practice and teach the Anglican Baptismal Covenant, from the Book of Alternative Services (p. 158). It contains the Apostle's Creed and these directives:
- Continue in the apostles' teaching and fellowship, the breaking of bread, and the prayers;
- Persevere in resisting evil and, whenever we fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord;
- Proclaim by word and example the good news of God in Christ;
- Seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving our neighbor as ourselves;
- Strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being.
- Strive to safeguard the integrity of God’s creation, and respect, sustain and renew the life of the Earth.
Both the Book of Common Prayer and the Book of Alternative Services are used weekly at St. Aidan.
St. Aidan Anglican Church was formed in 2003 by amalgamating four Anglican congregations (of the Anglican Church of Canada) into one new parish in one building. The building we eventually selected is the former St. John's Anglican Church, located in downtown Moose Jaw, beside the bus depot at High St. and 1st Ave. East. The cornerstone was laid in 1909.